5th Annual Integrative Health Symposium
Friday, September 14, 2018 - 7:30 AM
Hilton Cleveland Downtown
100 Lakeside Avenue East
Cleveland, Ohio, 44114
The nation’s opioid crisis is a regular headline – many are pointing to excessive provider prescriptions as a driving culprit. At the same time, clinicians are facing crisis – levels of burnout due to increasingly complex patient needs, increased levels of chronic conditions and seemingly less time and fewer tools to deploy for supporting patients.
After attending this symposium participants will be able to:
- Recognize the consequences of pharmacological treatment of pain including the opiate crisis
- Delineate the core drivers for the transformation of healthcare and define the critical elements of a health care system that is designed to empower and equip people to optimize their health and well-being
- Identify nonpharmacological tools for the treatment of pain
- Discuss a multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of pain
- Recognize the mechanism and benefits of, and indications for, acupuncture, massage, mind-body therapies, music therapy and yoga
- Discuss the impact of opiate prescription on addiction and overdose
Log onto https://case.edu/medicine/cme/ and click on ‘conferences.’
Scroll down to September Events.
Or call 216-983-1239.